Zcash is a new form of private money that is controlled by no one and is developed as an open collaborative project. Below are some curated educational resources to get you jump started at unerstanding the system.
Note that this list is open source; please suggest changes on Gitlab!
- Coin Center - What is Zcash
- Zcash, the HTTPS of Blockchains
- A beginner’s guide to Zcash, also in Spanish
- What are zk-SNARKS?
- Understanding Zero-knowledge proofs through illustrated examples
- Anatomy of A Zcash Transaction
- How Transactions Between Shielded Addresses Work
- Transaction Linkability
- Zcash Glossary
- Zerocash: Decentralized Anonymous Payments from Bitcoin (extended version, 2014)
- An Empirical Analysis of Anonymity in Zcash (2018)
- On the Size of Pairing-based Non-interactive Arguments (2016)
- A Proof of Security for the Sapling Generation of zk-SNARK Parameters in the Generic Group Model (2018)
- Constructing Elliptic Curves with Prescribed Embedding Degrees (2005)
- Pairings for beginners
- Zkp.science (extensive list of zero knowledge proof research papers)